Sunday, February 28, 2021

Awoken

 It has been some time since I last wrote. Many things have changed, the girl I had planned to spend my time with has since moved on. I do not blame her for that, it was my inability to remain present when she needed me that led her to find another. I can not hold anyone other than myself responsible for one failed relationship after another. There have been many...some I have forgotten their names, others not so much. I had those that I had considered being bonded with only to have them fall to the long sleep, or I falling to it. To that end, this warrior has found that he has lost so many battles that he no longer knows what it is like to taste victory.

I can take the life of a monster without a second hesitation, taking the life of the enemy is easy...living for the sake of others seems to be the hard part. Now I am getting older, and I am looking to make some changes...but as the people of Valorn begin to fall to the long sleep and there are fewer and fewer of us adventures left. But as long as there are a few of us left then time will continue and by the Gods and Goddesses, I believe we can rebound.

With all this happening, there are other changes that I will be making. The biggest will be my leaving from Vanguard. It was the first and only Guild I have ever been a part of. It is sad, but it has come time for me to seek out something else. I had hoped to create my own Guild in time...but that seems impossible now no matter what. Because of that, I think I will just become a 'Guildless' and remain so for a time until I decide to join another. Maybe that will help others in Vanguard wake up. Sad to say but if my leaving made more rejoin the Vanguard from the long sleep...it is a small sacrifice to make.

I have cleaned the Guild Hall and now make my way to train for a bit. Then I shall rest and return. Until then, till the Darkness falls may we remain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Awoken

 It has been some time since I last wrote. Many things have changed, the girl I had planned to spend my time with has since moved on. I do n...