Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Then and Now

It has been some time since I have been able to find time to sit and write in this journal of mine. I have been spending much of my time doing what I do best, training and hunting. I will soon reach the next level in my training and then I feel that I will have to push myself even harder to get further. That said the higher my level gets the more I can feel the hunger within consuming me. The Demon Power Bracelet that I have has been embued with the power of those demons I have slain.

I have used this power to enhance my own abilities to create a warrior that strives to survive above all else. To that end, I have followed the primer left to me by my father before I fell him upon the great blade during the Rite of a Warriors End. I have allowed the energy to flow within me and I have started to use the Runes of Torment entrusted to me by my father to fight many foes.

I, however, am afraid that as I increase my own power this power within me will also increase and it may eventually take me over completely. Though I fight against it I have found that my emotional state plays a large role in the power and intensity of the energy within me.

Recently I have also taken an interest in someone. Though that in itself has proven to be a difficult task in the fact that my true love has returned as well. I find myself conflicted between the man I am now and the man I was back when my true love and I first confessed our needs for one another. Despite that, I feel as though I shouldn't get my hopes up...she has said she will be around more but already I haven't seen much improvement in that area.  So do I pin all my hopes on a woman that has a history of leaving and being gone for long periods of time with no idea of coming back...or do I continue the relationship with the woman I am interested in now...knowing she is around all the time and our relationship grows daily?

Then, I was young and foolish...Now...maybe I am just foolish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Awoken

 It has been some time since I last wrote. Many things have changed, the girl I had planned to spend my time with has since moved on. I do n...